Saturday, March 1, 2008

R.A.W.: Ready And Willing (surprisingly)

So today I went on a shopping spree for my week of eating raw (my husband is joining me -- brave man). I'm so blessed that I live near Trader Joe's, because I was able to find so much great stuff at a reasonable price. I'm actually totally excited for this! I'm even going to start tomorrow instead of Monday like I originally planned. For the past week or so I've been trying to listen to my body more attentively, rather than just assuming I know what it needs/wants, and I've discovered it really doesn't want as much food as I normally give it. It likes water, fruit, and greens mainly. Duh -- lol.

I predict one of two things will happen over the next week. Either I'll notice that I have a lot more energy and feel better overall before the week's up, or I'll start detoxing and feel like crap for a few days. If it's the latter, it will still be okay because it will let me know that I'm not eating as healthily as I think I am, and it will motivate me to continue for longer than just a week. But hopefully it'll be the former, and I'll still be motivated to continue.

Wow. Me, raw. Who'd a thunk it?? :-)

No comments: