Monday, March 3, 2008

So Far So Good

Yesterday was my first full day of eating all raw. It went pretty well. The only thing I didn't like was that I ate a lot more than my husband and was still kind of hungry after dinner, whereas he was fine. But maybe it was more psychological. I'm definitely more of an addictive personality than he is, and more of an emotional eater.

So, mainly for my own sake, I'll list what I ate throughout the day and see how it compares to the rest of the week.
breakfast -- water and a smoothie with banana, pineapple, and spinach
snack -- water, 100% raw Omega-3 food bar (almond butter, dates, raisins, agave nectar, quinoa, sesame seeds)
2nd snack -- 2 apples, water (didn't have time for actual lunch)
dinner -- handful of raw pistachios, 8oz. glass of carrot/celery/spinach/romaine juice. Green salad (spinach, romaine, tomatoes, celery, avocado, cucumber, carrots - no dressing), and broccoli & cauliflower salad w/red onion (tossed w/homemade dressing w/almond butter, lemon juice, water, garlic, sunflower seeds).

The hardest thing was not eating during the movie we watched after dinner. I managed to get by just drinking water and eating about 7 raisins - lol, but I so wanted to snack.

Today I feel good and notice a slight increase in energy (I didn't have to drag myself out of bed even though I went to sleep a little later than usual).

No comments: