Thursday, March 27, 2008

Countdown to Vacation

Only 8 hours to go before I begin my 10-day Florida vacation -- woo hoo! I am so thankful to be able to go on a trip like this -- although it won't be fancy or decadent, I don't take it for granted at all. I love spending time with my family, including my mother-in-law, which is a blessing all by itself. Not everyone can say that. We'll be staying with her most of the week, then going to my dad and stepmom's in Tampa for one night before heading back home.

Unless I find an amazing deal on a flight today, we'll be road-tripping it. I'm actually kind of excited about that... although our two toddlers may not appreciate it, I think it could be a fun bonding experience. Like those days when my parents used to take us camping because we couldn't afford any other type of vacation. Four kids packed in the back of a station wagon with a tent and several bags... maybe two sets of headphones between all of us... we had no choice but to get along for at least half the trip. We used to play these silly car games, like trying to spot license plates from as many states as possible, or I spy, or mad libs... Good times, at least in retrospect.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to some rest and relaxation. Rest is so important. I pride myself on my work ethic, but at times I can get overwhelmed and stressed out, which is a form of disobedience. Yahweh doesn't want us frazzled. We can't hear Him clearly that way. This year I'm making a new and concerted effort to be 100% obedient, so I need to hear Him.

One last thing on that note... I really believe I'm supposed to go 100% raw vegan at this point in my life. It's gotten to the point where my body goes into rebellion with the slightest deviation into cooked or otherwise unhealthy foods. New Orleans was a dietary disaster, which was largely not my fault, but nonetheless I'm fighting hard to overcome symptoms of sickness still today. Every morning I hear "eat only raw today," and it sounds a lot like the voice that says, "go to church" and "forgive that person" and "let her go first", so I know what I must do. Sigh... It's all good. He knows what's best.

3 comments:

Neubela said...

Have a great time Rachael. Hope you have a portable DVD player, this can occupy restless kids for a few if you have some fun DVD's. I have an extra one you can borrow for the trip, let me know if you need it...

Yadira said...

...yeah, glad Neubela commented on the first stuff 'cause all I remembered is the last paragraph. lol. jk. I'm with you!

Kelly*Jones said...

I remember those road trips. Four of us in a station wagon playing those road trips games...definately good times. I'm actually heading out of town too but this will be my first road trip as a driver! Whoo Hoo! Have fun Lewison fam!