Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I like to move it, move it

Man, have a I missed exercising. It's so bizarre... for virtually my entire life I've considered myself a dedicated athlete and have always loved practically any form of physical activity. But about halfway through my first pregnancy I just suddenly went on hiatus. I can count on one hand the number of times I've purposely exercised since then. I'm sure if I hadn't been blessed with such a great metabolism I'd have started back much sooner, but since I didn't look too hideous I just got used to being lazy.

One of my resolutions for 2008 is to be diesel again... lol. I bought 3 exercise DVDs and I've done 3 workouts so far. I can feel the tug of my inner athlete again. The endorphins are kicking in... I can't wait to get back in shape! I think I'll be much happier and healthier once I get back into the routine. And if we have more days like today (60 degrees!) it'll be easier and easier. I love outdoor exercise best of all. I took the kids to the playground after my workout and we all ran around in circles until we were gasping for breath. It was heavenly!

No comments: