Wednesday, January 16, 2008

2 Weeks of Bliss

Granted, we're only two weeks into 2008, but so far I am really liking this year. I feel a change in the air. I've already exercised (on purpose) more times this year than all of last year - lol and yikes! I am enjoying my marriage more than ever and gaining patience with my wonderful children. I'm also saving money consistently for the first time ever. Most significantly, I've been optimistic and excited almost every day this year. I like to consider myself a realist, but the truth is that I normally spend way to much time fretting over problems and potential problems rather than enjoying all the great things in my life.

This positive change is not arbitrary or coincidental, of course. The only reason my outlook is so positive is because I've been in the Word every day, and I've been obedient to read the specific chapters my pastor has told us to read every day, in addition to the other chapters I'm reading. Life is so simple it astounds me sometimes. All you have to do is follow Yahweh's instructions, and you'll be happy. Even when things don't go your way, you're still content and excited when you're in obedience. Why haven't I remembered this every time I felt angry, upset, or depressed in the past? I could have spared myself so much frustration and wasted time. More importantly, can I commit to remembering every day going forward to stick to this fundamental principle? I say yes now, but only time will tell.

In the meantime I proactively confess, again in obedience, that 2008 is my best year yet--spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, and financially--by far! I have set goals for myself for the year in each of these 6 areas, as I've done every year since 2000, and every year has in fact been my best year yet. The only difference for 2008 is that I'm going to really focus on the "by far" part, rather than having it be an afterthought. I'm going to dream big and go for what I want this year. It's what I've been instructed to do, and I owe it to myself to be obedient.

No comments: