Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Hello, I'm Rachael, Lamb of Yah

Today I know who I am. Sometimes I forget. I go through periods of self-imposed confusion, doubt, laziness, insecurity... it sucks. I much prefer knowing who I am. I feel so much more confident and content. I used to have a running joke with my high school friends, whenever someone would say I couldn't have something, or would treat me like less than royalty, I'd puff up (laughing at myself at the same time) and say something like, "Hello? Do they know who I am??? I am Rachael Woodruff!" (that was my maiden name). I would not be denied.

If only I'd carry that attitude throughout each day and moment of my life...

Anyway, today I have it. I know I'm a child of Yahweh. He loves me with all of His being. I'm a masterpiece! He knew me and formed my character and my spirit before I was in my mother's womb. He whispered my name, Rachael, to my mother. It means lamb. I am gentle and kind, innocent and pure, self-sacrificing and selfless, and I contain in me the power to save the world. I am a savior. You need me, no matter who you are or whether you like me or not. I have a piece to your puzzle.

I have a lot more to say, here and elsewhere. I'm a writer, a scribe for Yahweh, among other things. Soon the world will know my name, and in turn I will tell it His Name. This is my generation and my time. I own it and master it. Nice to meet you!

1 comment:

In The New said...

Rachael, reading your blog today, Wednesday, Jan. 6th....just the title alone, just moved me. I find myself just getting full and encouraged to really care more about myself and who I am. on another level, on Yahweh's level. Quite a few years ago a good friend of mine told me that I shouldn't be apologetic about who I was. He said,"Live unapologetically Woman! Be fee to be the wonderful you that you are, flaws and all!" I've been meaning to share that with you for a while now. You are an incredible writer and an inspiration to me to stop holding back and move forward again with my writing. I want to thank you. You're a Blessing! Love, Kim