Wednesday, February 27, 2008

2008 BYY Update

So in the wake of 3 recent very good pieces of news, I thought this would be the perfect time to give an update on 2008: My Best Year Yet. In the last week Orville and I have been blessed with thousands of dollars of unexpected income (bonus from his job, tax refund), and I found out I get to go to New Orleans for a supercool IT conference for work. I've never been to New Orleans and I love to travel so I'm excited! Yahweh is so good.

That's the financial/professional news... here's an update on the other areas:
Spiritually: O and I are more disciplined than last year, attending Wed. night services in addition to Sundays, reading the Word daily, and O is doing the prayer calls 2-3 times a week.
Physically: I'm doing a decent job of sticking to my exercise routine, which is a huge improvement from last year. I'm still eating healthy and working toward eating even healthier.
Mentally: I read a book! -- Eat, Pray, Love -- for a book club, although I couldn't make it to the book club meeting. I used to read voraciously but haven't had time for the past couple years.
Emotionally: I'm yelling at my kids a little less. :-) Baby steps.
Socially: I'm super-excited about everything my POC girls and I will be doing this year -- the meetings, women's fellowships, starting businesses, setting ourselves up as a nonprofit, etc.
Yay!

No comments: