Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What's happening to me?

This past Sunday I went to my friend Yadi's house where she was telling me about her raw diet and showing me a book called Health According to the Scriptures by Paul Nison. I'm always interested in nutrition and I know I'm eventually supposed to "go raw" so I paid attention -- but thinking it will still be a while before I take the plunge.

Ever since then I've been nauseous and had loose bowels (I know, tmi) and have barely been able to eat anything. Today I went the whole day on just water and a raw green smoothie. Meanwhile I've been reading from Nison's website and feeling more and more like I need to do this raw thing sooner rather than later. I've been exhausted for so long I feel like I'm ready to try just about anything to have more energy.

So I'm thinking I might start it next Monday. I wouldn't have been ready if it weren't for this lousy sickness. But maybe it's time. I'm going to take it a week at a time.

No comments: