Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Pray for China

I'm in a hotel room in Philly this morning (last minute business trip), waiting for coworkers to approve the website I just launched and YHWH keeps reminding me to pray for China (I will as soon as I finish this post).

There are over 1 billion people in China... I can't even fathom that. Only a very small percentage (I think it's like 3-5%) of the population is connected to the internet, and they already outnumber every other country for internet users. The U.S. has about 2/3 of its population connected -- imagine when China gets to that level! As I heard someone say recently, "We better start learning Chinese!"

And, of course, the Olympics are set to begin in Beijing on 8/8/2008... those numbers happen to add up to 26, the number of the name of Yahweh, and there are no coincidences... I know He's got plans for the people of China. The bottom line is that this is a critical moment in history for an extremely influential nation, and we Christians need to be at the forefront of what's happening. We need to pray for the kingdom of heaven to be established in China, for Christian leaders to have tremendous favor w/the Chinese government and people. Yahweh loves them as much as He loves any other nation. He is moved by the faith of the oppressed there, and He wants to do a new thing. We all need to do our part, whatever that may be.

No comments: