Friday, July 11, 2008

Faucet of Youth

My dad and stepmom are on an ongoing quest for optimum health. They are eating raw, mostly organic foods, exercising, and doing everything they know to do, and are expecting to reverse their aging process and live well past the age of 100. Why not? Along the way they have inspired me and countless others to eat and live better.

The last couple times I saw my dad, in particular, I actually noticed that he seemed much more youthful -- the way he moved and spoke I kept thinking I was talking to my brother... it was odd but great. He told me about their latest discovery: alkalized, ionized water. They just bought (and we followed suit) an Orion alkaline ionic water system you can install at your faucet. (I'm not trying to sell anything, I haven't even tried it yet.) The idea is that it purifies your water of all the contaminants, separates the water into alkaline (to drink and cook with) and acidic (to clean with, tone your skin, or use as an all-natural mouthwash!), and gives it a negative ionic charge, which allows it to neutralize all the free radicals in your body. Free radicals are what cause us to age. So if the water takes out all the free radicals, your aging process slows down greatly. Isn't that cool?? Well I think so anyway.

So my "system" was delivered Wednesday night but we haven't been home long enough to install it yet. Hopefully tonight's the night. Stay tuned... If any of my future posts contain the letters OMG or discuss Hannah Montana or the Jonas Brothers in any capacity, you'll know it's working! LOL.