Friday, June 27, 2008

Focus

My husband was just expressing to me that he misses me and that we need to go out alone again soon. I agreed, but then later I felt compelled to make the point that we could have more quality time at home even with the kids there. I was saying that as long as we were in tune and focused on each other, we could enjoy our everyday life as a family even more than we already do. (Ok, maybe I didn't put it quite that nicely, and maybe I was complaining that he was saying he missed me and yet was ignoring me as I was struggling to get the kids to bed, but we ended on a positive note so it's all good!)

But now I feel YHWH saying the same thing to me about focus. I whine that I can't seem to find enough alone time with Him, and worse, I'm constantly feeling guilty about it, so I end up spending even less quality time with Him. And He's saying all He wants is for me to keep my eyes and my attention on Him, whatever I'm doing. If I'll just bask in His presence as often as possible I'll be able to love others so much more effectively, and fulfill my calling so much more easily. The point is not to spend an hour of quality time with Him, then run around the rest of the day "accomplishing" things. The point is to include Him in every moment and every thought, whether I feel I'm being productive or just changing my 9th poopy diaper of the day. It's all about Him. He's the center of it all.

1 comment:

Yadira said...

Once again, that's gooooood.