Thursday, June 5, 2008

As for me and my house...

I've always loved that Scripture to the core of my being, "As for me and my house, we will serve Yahweh!" It's been a sort of mantra for me since I gave my life back to Yah; I've used it to "build my house" before I knew my husband or had any children, and it's been playing out in such beautiful and unexpected ways.

Now this may sound trivial to some, but we recently decided to put a chunk of funds toward beautifying our apartment. We figured that although we're believing for a house and saving and paying off debt, we should also use our current space better to honor Yahweh. In other words, it should be orderly and we should invite people over regularly, which means actually putting some effort into it and buying a couple things instead of just inheriting other people's hand-me-downs. I've always envisioned our home being one where lots of people congregated and felt comfortable, but I realized I hadn't taken any steps to make that happen, thinking it would come later w/the new house. But you have to be faithful with what you've got first...

So I say all of that to say we've been buying new rugs, a loveseat, shelves, accessories, etc. to make our home more livable for ourselves and others. I know that this is important to Yahweh, and He has shown His endorsement by ordering our steps and giving us amazing deals on the stuff we're buying. We just got two beautiful rugs in the exact colors, styles and sizes we wanted for only $235, less than half of what I budgeted. He showed us a way to make the space feel larger (there are 4 of us in a 1 BR), and we've been in total agreement about everything -- no fights or tiffs! I even had enough wiggle room to get a Vita-Mix 4500 TurboBlend, which was also on sale for only $315! (It's over $400 most places... it's so much more than a blender.) Guess I can take that off my vision board now. :-)

I know some may have a difficult time relating to what floats my boat, but the point is I'm having a blast watching Yahweh bless me as I make my requests known and then listen and obey His voice.

Now off to make some delicious green smoothies!

4 comments:

Tarsha Gibbons said...

Yahweh just gave me the same exact revelation. He has been showing me how to use my space more efficiently also and it requires purchasing some items. Great confirmation!!!

Kelly*Jones said...

So when do I get invited over?

Yadira said...

heyyyy...you have a vitamix...i have a dehydrator...we can work some sort of deal out here for tasty treats. lol

Rachael426 said...

Sounds like a plan, Yadi.