Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Prayer Changes Things

I rarely ever watch the news or read the newspaper because it's usually so negative, but this morning as I was getting on the train I saw the headline that Obama is the Democratic nominee. Now it has me thinking... I've been hearing all this conspiracy stuff lately, which sounds totally believable to me, and someone recently told me that it makes absolutely no difference who we vote for in this country, because one way or another those who are truly in control will get their puppet into office. (That may be true, but I'm still going to vote.) And they said this year that puppet will be Hillary Clinton.

I also noticed that she has yet to concede, which means there's still a chance that she could be President. But then Scriptures started coming up in my spirit. The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth MUCH. And then I thought, it doesn't even say righteous men, it says one man. Then I heard, Whenever TWO or more of you agree as touching ANYTHING, it shall be done for you; and nothing shall be impossible to you if you believe. Yahweh, I believe. Help my unbelief...

For nearly a year my church has been hosting prayer calls in which people from around the country come into agreement to intercede for individuals and nations. I know we are having a major impact. Yet hearing about this massive and seemingly all-powerful conspiracy that's been going on for over a century had me feeling a bit defeated. I still had hope that we could conquer it, but I can't say I had much faith. Which means many of my prayers along those lines went unheard. This is why it's so dangerous to take your eyes off the Word and His promises, and let other messages influence you. We walk by faith and not by sight.

So Hillary may or may not be a puppet, and she may or may not be elected President this year, but regardless I'm going to continue to pray over the elections and each candidate in FAITH, by myself and along with my fellow believers on the prayer calls, because we have awesome power and therefore an awesome responsibility to bring change. Not campaign slogan change, but true and lasting change which establishes the Kingdom of Elohim on the earth. Yes, we can.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

This blog is great! I'm so glad I found it! I have thought of you so many times since leaving New York and wondered what you and Orville were up to. Looks like you guys are doing great! :) Write me sometime, I would love to catch up with you more!! fatspleen@yahoo.com Kathleen (Oberschelp) Brooks