Friday, May 30, 2008

Retreat & Advance

It is so amazing to me the way Yahweh honors the time you set aside for Him. The more time you set aside, and the less convenient it is, the more He honors it. He never leaves you hanging. I went on a retreat with my Point of Creation team last weekend -- the 6 of us rearranged our schedules and plans so we could dedicate a couple days to understanding the purpose Yahweh brought us together for. I knew we were going to get answers, but WOW, I didn't expect such powerful and tangible manifestations of His PRESENCE with us on that retreat. Duh. I should know better by now. He just longs to spend quality time with us.

During the weekend I kept thinking back to a few years ago, when I went on vacation with 4 female friends I'd known and loved since the first grade. We went to Martha's Vineyard and had no agenda other than to enjoy the beach and each other's company. Boy did we get more than we bargained for! Very shortly into the vacation, things began to turn sour, and by the end it was an all-out war. It was almost the end of our friendship, after all those years! And although I was led to forgive and make amends, I think we all still feel the effects of it on some level.

Fast forward to this retreat and a new group of females, where we have even more estrogen floating around, even more diverse backgrounds and therefore chances to be offended, annoyed, etc. Two of our team members are even pregnant! Yet it was nothing but love, laughter, and unity all weekend. We are closer than ever. I praise Yahweh for the training we've had over the past few years. We've learned to celebrate and appreciate our differences and always fight against the spirit of offense rather than one another.

Because of that groundwork that was laid, Yahweh was pleased to come and dwell among us, and He was free to talk to us about the destiny He has for us. Nothing was able to get in the way. And even as I'm writing this it's hitting me that that's how it should always be. Nothing should ever be allowed to get in the way of our quality time with Him, of our ability to hear from Him. It's so silly sometimes the things we get distracted by.

I was thinking about the word "retreat" right after the retreat, and at first thought maybe it was the wrong word to use. It can have connotations of fear and running away from something. But on the other hand it means to get away and get quiet with Yahweh, as Yahshua did very often during His time on earth. This was where His power came from. Getting away from the distractions of the world allows Yahweh to truly minister to you, and then He can promote or advance you to the next level. That's probably where the word came from, but I hadn't thought about it like that before.

So today I'm making a new commitment -- to retreat more often, into the Name of YHWH and His Word, where I can be strengthened to take more ground when I emerge. Woo hoo!

No comments: