Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I CAN Imagine...

Last Sunday Jerry Savelle ministered at our church. He spoke about walking in the fullness of the blessing. We carry the blessing everywhere we go, so we should constantly expect manifestations of it. We should never be surprised by the favor and increase we receive at every turn. And if we are not walking this way, it is our fault. Our limitations are 100% self imposed.

I've heard these things before, but then he said something that I hadn't heard before... something I wish I could rewind and not hear, that pricked me like a thorn in my heart. He said, "THIS is the year... and if it's not this year, it may be never." In other words, make it happen this year or you may lose your opportunity forever. Wow.

Then he gave us an assignment to go home that night and make a list of all the good things we've ever said or thought, "I can't imagine..." about. At first I couldn't think of anything. I've been working hard at imagining the impossible, especially when it comes to material and physical things. But on the car ride home I thought about it some more and came up with my list. So now I have new things to stretch myself to imagine. Anybody reading this feel free to hold me accountable at any point from here on out! ;-)

I CAN imagine...
  • being as bold a witness for Christ/Yahshua as my Pastor Annie (for those who don't know her, just trust me, she is boldness personified).
  • having unlimited patience and capacity to love people
  • being an eloquent public speaker and a role model for millions
  • never being afraid of people or their opinions; being comfortable in every social situation
  • never worrying about anything!

No comments: