Monday, December 17, 2007

How good is God?

I've been trying to drag myself out of bed at 5:30 before the kids get up for a couple months now. I've only done it a handful of times, even though I know God has instructed me to do it and has promised me great rewards for doing it -- yet every morning when my alarm goes off all I can think about is how much I need my sleep, how warm & cozy my bed is, how I'll start tomorrow. So pathetic. I know and have experienced in the past that spending time alone with Yahweh is the most restorative, energizing activity there is, yet I still choose my own definition of rest. And most humbling of all is that He forgives me for it more readily than I forgive myself.

Forgiveness is a wonderful thing, but like all wonderful things, it can be abused by those who don't understand it. It can be an excuse for laziness and stupidity. It can enable us to live beneath our rights and privileges... to stay negative, in debt, selfish... But Yahweh continues to extend it to us, continues to give us the opportunity to overcome our flesh and stand up and be the leaders and world-changers He designed us to be. How good is He???

And another thing, Yah is not mocked. He's not the one who's going to be disappointed in the end if we don't respond as we should. Somebody will hear His call. Somebody will rise up and lead. Somebody will be blessed beyond their wildest imagination. I want to be one of those somebodies... I need to get my butt out of bed tomorrow morning! One of these days it may be too late.

No comments: