Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Adventure

Yesterday hubby and I drove the kids down to a friend's house at the Jersey shore. Shortly after we got on the Garden State Pkwy, our right rear tire blew! The van started shaking but O easily maneuvered it onto the shoulder where he could change the tire. We only had a donut, but it was fine. He took maybe half an hour to change it and then we were back on the road. It was weird and interesting, observing myself through the whole thing. My first thought was, "Wow, praise Yahweh that we're all ok." Then a few minutes later, I thought, "Oh, that's right, we forgot to pray and plead the blood of Yahshua before we left, no wonder." But I was so calm and completely unphased throughout the whole situation. It was kinda cool. I had a great time hanging out w/everybody all day and didn't give the tire another thought until we were driving home. This time we remembered to pray :-), and just took it a little easy back up to NY. No further incidents.

As much as I may be painfully aware of my flaws on a daily basis, I am definitely growing, and this little adventure proves it. Go me!

No comments: